Attendees of Friday’s half-day, pre-meeting course, 2017 MOC Annual Meeting Course — ABIM 2017 Update in Rheumatology, will get an in-depth review of a medical knowledge module developed by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).
Expert faculty, including CARE: MOC Sessions Chair and Moderator Allan C. Gelber, MD, MPH, PhD, from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Erika H. Noss, MD, PhD, from University of Washington School of Medicine, and Carol A. Langford, MD, MHS, from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, will provide context and rationales for the answer choices for the module’s 30 questions, enhanced with audience response technology.
“Each of us will be presenting 10 questions,” Dr. Gelber said. “Not only will the speakers share their approach on the evaluation and management of clinical scenarios presented in these 30 questions, but ABIM diplomates will be able to submit their answers to the online module for 10 MOC points.”
Additionally, on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 12:30 to 2:00 PM all ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting attendees have the opportunity to attend the 2017 CARE: MOC Sessions. During each highly engaging session, the speaker, through the use of nine carefully developed cases and questions, will steer participants through clinical situations that will reinforce key principles of diagnosis and management of complex rheumatic diseases. Each question that will be covered was developed over the last year by dedicated ACR volunteers with extensive question-writing experience.
This year’s sessions include:
- Sunday – 2017 CARE: MOC Sessions 1 of 3: Myositis
- Speaker: Lisa Christopher-Stine, MD, MPH; Johns Hopkins University
- Question Writers: Samir Dalvi, MD; University of Alabama at Birmingham and Beth K. Rubinstein, MD; Virginia Commonwealth University
- Monday- 2017 CARE: MOC Sessions 2 of 3: Metabolic Bone Disease
- Speaker: Chad L. Deal, MD; Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Question Writer: Bethany A. Marston, MD; University of Rochester
- Tuesday- 2017 CARE: MOC Sessions 3 of 3: Images in Rheumatology
- Speaker: Jonathan S. Hausmann, MD; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Question Writer: Deana M. Lazaro, MD; Brooklyn VA Medical Center
All Annual Meeting scientific attendees will have access to the three 2017 CARE: MOC Sessions online activities, which are worth up to 3 ABIM MOC points each after online submission. “If you’re contemplating what you’re doing for lunch during the ACR meeting, please grab a bite and have a seat at 12:30, learn and take a step toward getting MOC points while you’re having lunch,” Dr. Gelber said.